Creating panoramas using photoshop is quite easy. Here are step by step instructions for creating 360 panorama images for Facebook:
- Take enough pictures to cover the entire 360 view, make sure to overlap some regions as well, don’t worry, it will get cropped in the final output file.
- Use the Photoshop’s Photomerge feature to merge the images in a seamless panoramic file. This file will still have overlapping borders.
- Crop the image to make sure there’s no empty space left between the panoramic image.
- Using action script, as provided here Panoramicsrev3, you can then select the “Seamless” action and run it, it will crop the overlapping part in the panorama.
- Using Exif Fixer utility, just modify the meta data so that Facebook will recognise this panoramic image.
- Upload it to Facebook and select the starting point of your 360 Panoramic image.
Created a screencast for the same, so as to make sure no steps are missed out:
Downloads you may need:
Here’s this same image in 360 format on Facebook: